recipes > Baked Prawns with garlic & parsley
Seafood in Summer is an Australian favourite
These baked prawns are especially perfect when celebrating with friends.
- 1 kg large green prawns (with tail on)
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter Freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- lemon slices to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Remove prawns from the fridge, cover baking tray with baking paper and lay prawns out on the tray so that they are evenly spaced
- Soften butter in a bowl, adding freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Combine until you have a paste like consistency.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and oil over a medium heat.
- Once bubbling, add garlic and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour garlic butter evenly over the prawns
- Bake for 10 – 15minutes
Plate on a large platter, and garnish with parsley and lemon slices
Double Barrel Shiraz
Pan seared scotch fillet of beef wrapped in smoky bacon.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up