recipes > Barbecued garlic mushrooms with steak and smoked butter
A juicy rib-eye steak grilled alongside garlic mushrooms and buttered asparagus.
Recipe by Sarah Glover
- 80 g butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 rib-eye steaks salt
- 12 button mushrooms (or any variety that is in season)
- 12 asparagus spears (or other veg, if preferred)
- Heat your charcoal barbecue for at least 15–30 minutes before you start to cook. You want the grill to be sizzling hot.
- Place the butter and garlic in a bowl and mix with a fork until combined. Using a teaspoon or your hands, press the garlic butter into each mushroom cup. Put the mushrooms on the grill so the stalk is facing the sky.
- Season the steaks with salt and add to the grill. Cook the steaks for 7 minutes, then turn them over and cook for another 7 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. (The time may vary a bit, depending on the thickness of the steaks.)
- Remove and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Take the mushrooms off the grill when they are nice and soft.
- While the meat is cooking, toss the asparagus in some butter and season with salt. Barbecue for a few minutes or until just tender.
- Dish up the steaks, mushrooms and asparagus and enjoy.
Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon
The smooth taste of this wine will complement the juiciness of this steak.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up