recipes > BILLY LAW'S PRAWN AND CHORIZO SKEWERS WITH CUCUMBER SALAD
Check out Billy Law's Prawn and Chorizo skewers, the perfect finger food this summer.
You can serve the prawn and chorizo skewers as is, but sometimes ex-Masterchef contestant Billy Law likes to pair them with a refreshing cucumber salad just to cut through the richness. It is nothing fancy, just pickle the cucumber with salt for ten minutes then freshen it up with some mint leaves, or you can add chilli too if you prefer it with a little bit of heat kick.
Prawn and chorizo skewers
- 500g fresh Tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 lemongrass, white parts only, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Mint and cucumber salad
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- a pinch of salt
1. Soak mini skewers in water for at least 10 minutes before using. Place a piece of chorizo on a chopping board, then wrap a prawn around it. From the tail, pierce a skewer through the prawn and chorizo to secure them together. Repeat with the remaining prawns and chorizo then spread them out on a tray.
2. In a small bowl, add lemongrass, chilli, garlic and olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper, stir and mix well. Drizzle the mixture over the prawn and chorizo skewers evenly, marinate for 20 minutes before grilling.
3. In the mean time, prepare the cucumber salad. Cut cucumber into quarters lengthwise, then thinly sliced diagonally into long strips. Place cucumber in a mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt and mix well, pickle for 10 minutes. Drain any excess water after pickling. Tear mint leaves roughly and add to cucumber, toss together and place salad on serving plate.
4. Heat BBQ on high heat, grill skewers for a minute, turn over and grill for another minute. Remove and place on top of cucumber salad. Drizzle remaining marinate over the skewers and serve it with Jacob’s Creek Classic Chardonnay.
Best served chilled with seafood, chicken or creamy pasta dish.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up