recipes > Chocolate and Raspberry Brownies
Rich, dark and decadent with pops of sweet, tangy raspberry, these brownies are guaranteed to impress chocolate lovers.
- 1/3 cup (60g) rice flour
- 2/3 cup (70g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 180g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g raspberries
- Dark chocolate, extra, finely grated, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 16.5cm x 10cm slice pan with baking paper. Sift the rice flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Place the butter, sugar and chocolate in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and smooth. Set aside for 5 mins to cool. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until well combined. Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, in 2 batches, until the mixture is thick and smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and arrange the raspberries on top.
- Bake for 25-35 mins or until set and the edges crack slightly and start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack before turning out. Cut into pieces and top with grated chocolate to serve.
Double Barrel Shiraz
Double Barrel Shiraz is perfect with these brownies – it has the dark chocolate and fruit flavours of Shiraz with soft vanilla and smoky notes from the aged whisky barrels.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up