recipes > Crispy Skin Salmon with pea puree
Spoil friends and family by creating this impressive salmon dish using the very best quality ingredients.
- 560g 2 thick salmon steaks, skin on
- 20ml 2 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt flakes (to taste)
- 20g 1 tbspn unsalted butter
MINT PEA PUREE
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 250g Frozen Peas
- 80ml vegetable stock
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
To make the mint pea puree
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan. Add the onions and cook till lightly brown and soft.
- Add the frozen peas and vegetable stock and cook till peas have thawed and hot. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Transfer all into a food processor.
- Add in fresh mint and blend to a puree or to your desired consistency. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Can be served immediately or reserve in the fridge for later use.
To make the Salmon
- Season salmon with salt (skin side) and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat and add 1 tsp of butter. Once the pan is hot, add a dash of olive oil and place salmon in the pan, skin side down. Gently press to prevent salmon from curling. Cook until skin is crisp.
- Take the salmon out of the pan and set aside. Drain and
wipe the pan from any excess oil.
- Return the pan to heat, adding the remaining butter and
- Once the butter is melted, flip the fish so that it’s flesh side down (remove the pan from heat immediately for medium-rare fish, or cook gently on a low heat for a few minutes to cook through)
To serve: Layer the mint pea puree onto a plate and place fish on top. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and serve with a simple side salad of your choice.
Classic Sauvignon Blanc
Sweet and crisp, this Sauvignon Blanc is fresh and zesty with sweet apples and tart lemons.See more about this wine