recipes > Crispy Skin Salmon with pea puree
Spoil friends and family by creating this impressive salmon dish using the very best quality ingredients.
- 560g 2 thick salmon steaks, skin on
- 20ml 2 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt flakes (to taste)
- 20g 1 tbspn unsalted butter
MINT PEA PUREE
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 250g Frozen Peas
- 80ml vegetable stock
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
To make the mint pea puree
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan. Add the onions and cook till lightly brown and soft.
- Add the frozen peas and vegetable stock and cook till peas have thawed and hot. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Transfer all into a food processor.
- Add in fresh mint and blend to a puree or to your desired consistency. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Can be served immediately or reserve in the fridge for later use.
To make the Salmon
- Season salmon with salt (skin side) and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat and add 1 tsp of butter. Once the pan is hot, add a dash of olive oil and place salmon in the pan, skin side down. Gently press to prevent salmon from curling. Cook until skin is crisp.
- Take the salmon out of the pan and set aside. Drain and
wipe the pan from any excess oil.
- Return the pan to heat, adding the remaining butter and
- Once the butter is melted, flip the fish so that it’s flesh side down (remove the pan from heat immediately for medium-rare fish, or cook gently on a low heat for a few minutes to cook through)
To serve: Layer the mint pea puree onto a plate and place fish on top. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and serve with a simple side salad of your choice.
Classic Pinot Grigio
Sweet and crisp, this Pinot Grigio is fresh and zesty with sweet apples and tart lemons.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up