recipes > Billy Law's Dukkah-crusted lamb cutlets with mint, feta and pea salad
If you love lamb cutlet, then you will love this recipe, Dukkah-crusted lamb cutlets. As the lamb cutlet can be quite small and easily overcooked, hence the best way to keep it tender is by coating it in a spice mix like Dukkah and then quickly pan fry it for couple of minutes on both sides. Dukkah, is an Egyptian condiment consisting of a mixture of herbs, nuts and spices. It is typically used as a dip with bread but it works exceptionally well in this recipe.
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose plain flour
- 1 cup dukkah spice
- Sea salt flakes and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A handful of mint leaves
- 500g frozen peas
- 100g feta cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Put each egg, flour and dukkah spice into individual bowls.
2. First, dust the lamb cutlet in flour, shake off any excess flour. Then dip it in egg wash, finally coat it in Dukkah. Set on a tray and repeat with the remaning cutlets. Set aside for 10 minutes before frying.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat, a few at a time, fry the lamb cutlets for 2-3 minutes on both sides. Then transfer to a wire rack over some kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil.
4. To prepare the salad, bring a small pot of water to a rolling boil, cook peas for two minutes, drain then transfer cooked peas to a mixing bowl. Tear mint leaves roughly and add to the peas, crumble feta into small chunks and add to the peas as well. Drizzle with olive oil, then stir to mix well.
5. Place salad on a sharing plate, then top with dukkah crusted lamb cutlets. Served with Jacob’s Creek Reserve Shiraz.
[This recipe was a collaboration between A Table For Two and Jacob’s Creek]
Reserve Limestone Coast Shiraz
This new version of Reserve Shiraz from Limestone Coast is no longer aged in oak but has soft tannins, vibrant fruity notes of blackberries and plum with long finish.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up