recipes > Grilled Mushroom with Crumbled Goats Cheese and Shaved Parmesan
The combined ingredients result in a delicious mix of hot, sweet, salty and sour, in every mouthful.
- 8 large field mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 table spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 50g of Parmesan shaved into thin slithers
- 20 leaves of mint
- 20 leaves of basil
- 1 handful of mixed peppery leaves, such as rocket, watercress baby chard, and mustard leaves.
- 100g crumbly goats cheese broken into small pieces
- Pre-heat a griddle pan.
- Place the whole mushrooms in a bowl. Pour on two tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix together.
- Grill or pan fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes on each side. When grilled, transfer the mushrooms to a roasting tray.
- Finely chop thyme and garlic, and add to the centre of the mushrooms.
- Roast the mushrooms at 180° C in the oven for 5 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer the mushrooms to a bowl.
- Pour the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and lemon zest. TIP: When you season something when it is hot, it absorbs all the flavours.
- Roughly chop the mixed leaves, basil and mint.
- Shave the Parmesan into slithers and crumble the goat’s cheese.
- When the mushrooms have cooled, mix all the ingredients together and then check the seasoning.
- Serve this salad as a plated starter or in a large bowl.
The roast mushrooms will be sweet, the cheeses salty, the mixed peppery leaves and the seasoning will be hot and the dressing will be sour.
Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon
Enjoy this meal with a smooth red wine, just as you would with a meat dish.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up