recipes > Jacqueline Alwill's Hazelnut Truffles
Nutritionist and food blogger, Jacqui Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag knows a thing or two about pairing great quality ingredients. And it’s a no brainer that she’s combined the strong nut and cocoa flavors found in hazelnut truffles, with the rich, smooth flavor of red wine.
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup hazelnuts, skins removed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 100g coconut flesh (approx 1 young coconut)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Additional raw cacao powder for rolling
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Spread into a lined tin
and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Cut into squares or roll into balls and dust with additional cacao
This delicious snack or dessert can be refrigerated or frozen for up to 1 month in an air tight container.
Double Barrel Shiraz
The rich, smoothness of this wine works perfectly with the slightly bitter and nutty flavor found in hazelnuts and cacao.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up