recipes > Lamb cutlets with Baba Ganoush
- Frenched Lamb cutlets (Allow 2 – 3 per person)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (Leaves stripped from the stalk and
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Few drops lemon juice
To make the Baba Ganoush
- Place the eggplant over a gas
flame using tongs turning until the skin is evenly blistered and the flesh is
soft. Place on a plate and allow to
- Once cooled cut the eggplant in half, scoop the eggplant
flesh from the skin and place in a food processor with the tahini and garlic
process until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper and few drops of lemon juice. Set aside.
To make the lamb
- Rub the lamb with a little oil and the chopped
rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the cutlets in a preheated frying pan to your
liking (2-3 minutes for medium-rare)
- To serve place the baba ganoush into the middle of a
platter and spoon over the olive oil top with the cutlets.
- Serve with a fresh herb salad dressed with a little balsamic vinegar and oil
- Allow the cutlets to come to room temperature
- Baba ganoush can be prepared ahead of time
Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon
Aged in whisky barrels, resulting in a richer, deeper and smoother wine best paired with smokey red meat dishes.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up