recipes > Nicole Franzen’s End of Summer Salad
Inspired by her love of local produce; Nicole Franzen's seasonal salad is one to try.
Nicole Franzen is an American interiors, travel and food photographer with a passion for capturing beautiful food that draws you in.
Her End of Summer salad recipe was inspired by her love of local produce; fresh, seasonal and full of flavour and shared at Our Table in the Barossa. Her salad combines the sweetness of peach, the acidity of tomato’s and the silky rich taste of special Italian cheese burrata. All perfectly paired with a crisp Riesling.
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1 carton of heirloom tomatoes (local, super ripe tomatoes are best)
- 230g of Burrata
- Herbs (fresh basil, micro herbs and greens)
- Olive oil
- Flaky sea salt & cracked pepper
Optional: add pickled shallots for lovely acidity
- Slice peaches and tomato’s in halves or quarters so that they are large chunks. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Toss the cut peaches in olive oil, salt and pepper and grill until they start to caramelise and grill marks appear (approx 3-5 min per side).
warm peaches and tomatoes around a platter.
- Break open the burrata and nestle it into a few crevices around the platter.
- Top with fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Reserve Barossa Riesling
Best enjoyed with this amazing riesling.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up