recipes > Nicole Franzen’s End of Summer Salad
Inspired by her love of local produce; Nicole Franzen's seasonal salad is one to try.
Nicole Franzen is an American interiors, travel and food photographer with a passion for capturing beautiful food that draws you in. Her End of Summer salad recipe was inspired by her love of local produce; fresh, seasonal and full of flavour. Her salad combines the sweetness of peach, the acidity of tomato’s and the silky rich taste of special Italian cheese burrata. All perfectly paired with a crisp Riesling.
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1 carton of heirloom tomatoes (local, super ripe tomatoes are best)
- 230g of Burrata
- Herbs (fresh basil, micro herbs and greens)
- Olive oil
- Flaky sea salt & cracked pepper
Optional: add pickled shallots for lovely acidity
- Slice peaches and tomato’s in halves or quarters so that they are large chunks. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Toss the cut peaches in olive oil, salt and pepper and grill until they start to caramelise and grill marks appear (approx 3-5 min per side).
warm peaches and tomatoes around a platter.
- Break open the burrata and nestle it into a few crevices around the platter.
- Top with fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Reserve Barossa Riesling
Best enjoyed with this amazing riesling.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up