recipes > Rosé Poached Pears
This is a fool proof dessert that’s equally delicious as it is beautiful to look at.
- 3 medium ripe pears
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bottle Jacob’s Creek Le Petit Rosé
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- Peel the pears, and cut them in half (removing the cores)
- Over a medium heat, combine the sugar, water, wine and vanilla bean in a saucepan, stirring while you bring it to the boil.
- Add the pears to the saucepan ensuring that they are all covered.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
Cover with a lid, and simmer until the pears are soft.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the poached pears into bowls, and cover with poaching liquid.
Serve the pears cold or at room temperature.
Le Petit Rosé
Use rosé when poaching fruit for a light but flavourful taste, and a beautiful pink hue.See more about this wine