recipes > Sweet Tomato, Olive Tapenade and Goat Cheese Tart
Red wines don’t always need to accompany meat dishes.
Sometimes it’s the beautiful combination of sweet tomato, the acidity in olive and creaminess of goats cheese that really helps to make wine come to life
- ½ cup of mixed
green and kalamata pitted olives.
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 2/3 cup of extra
virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried
- Pinch dried oregano
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ready made puff pastry sheet (cut into quarters
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 125g crumbled soft goats’ cheese
- Rocket leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
To prepare the tapenade
- Blend all ingredient in a food processer until smooth.
To prepare the tart
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Lay each square of pastry on a flat baking tray
covered with grease proof paper.
- Spread the
tapenade evenly over the pastry, leaving about 2cm from each side
- Top with the split cherry tomatoes, crumble over goats cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a hot
oven for 25mins
- Once cooked,
remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Plate one tart per person, and serve with a side
salad of rocket, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Double Barrel Shiraz
Get a different perspective on Jacob's Creek Double Barrel Shiraz by pairing it with this dish.See more about this wine