recipes > Whisky grilled chicken wings
Marinated with a generous dash of whisky, these grilled chicken wings are best served with a tangy, fresh salad.
Recipe by Sarah Glover
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 100 ml whisky
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons whisky
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 pawpaw, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 avocado, sliced
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded and sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons verjuice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- extra virgin olive oil
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl, add the whisky, brown sugar and soy sauce and turn to coat the chicken well. Cover and marinate in the fridge or esky on ice for 4 hours, or overnight for extra tasty wings
- Heat your grill to 180C.
- Place the chicken wings on the grill, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, to make the whisky sauce, whisk together the whisky, brown sugar, lime juice and spring onion.
- Toss together the cabbage, pawpaw, avocado, parsley and chilli in a bowl, then arrange on a plate or stone.
- To make the dressing, put the lime juice, verjuice, garlic, parsley, coriander and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a mortar and pound with a pestle until well combined. Season to taste with salt.
- Dress the salad and arrange the wings on top. Drizzle the whisky sauce over the chicken and enjoy.
Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon
Pair these whisky-marinated wings with a rich red wine matured in whisky barrels.See more about this wine
How about another course
Discover more recipes from Jacob's creek
Sign-up for our latest news, events and offers from Jacob's CreekSign-up