GRILLED MUSHROOM WITH CRUMBLED GOATS CHEESE AND SHAVED PARMESAN
THE COMBINED INGREDIENTS RESULT IN A DELICIOUS MIX OF HOT, SWEET, SALTY AND SOUR, IN EVERY MOUTHFUL.
- 8 large field mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 table spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 50g of Parmesan shaved into thin slithers
- 20 leaves of mint
- 20 leaves of basil
- 1 handful of mixed peppery leaves, such as rocket, watercress baby chard, and mustard leaves.
- 100g crumbly goats cheese broken into small pieces
- Pre-heat a griddle pan.
- Place the whole mushrooms in a bowl. Pour on two tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix together.
- Grill or pan fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes on each side. When grilled, transfer the mushrooms to a roasting tray.
- Finely chop thyme and garlic, and add to the centre of the mushrooms.
- Roast the mushrooms at 180° C in the oven for 5 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer the mushrooms to a bowl.
- Pour the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and lemon zest. TIP: When you season something when it is hot, it absorbs all the flavours.
- Roughly chop the mixed leaves, basil and mint.
- Shave the Parmesan into slithers and crumble the goat’s cheese.
- When the mushrooms have cooled, mix all the ingredients together and then check the seasoning.
- Serve this salad as a plated starter or in a large bowl.
The roast mushrooms will be sweet, the cheeses salty, the mixed peppery leaves and the seasoning will be hot and the dressing will be sour.