JACQUELINE ALWILL'S HAZELNUT TRUFFLES
HAZELNUT TRUFFLES WITH STRONG NUT AND COCOA FLAVORS, PERFECTLY PAIRED WITH THE RICH, SMOOTH FLAVOR OF RED WINE.
Nutritionist and food blogger, Jacqui Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag knows a thing or two about pairing great quality ingredients. It’s a no brainer that she’s combined the strong nut and cocoa flavors found in hazelnut truffles, with the rich, smooth flavor of red wine. This delicious snack or dessert can be refrigerated or frozen for up to 1 month in an air tight container.
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup hazelnuts, skins removed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 100g coconut flesh (approx 1 young coconut)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Additional raw cacao powder for rolling
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Spread into a lined tin and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Cut into squares or roll into balls and dust with additional cacao powder.