SCOTCH FILLET WITH PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS AND PEPPERCORN SAUCE
Inspired by the richness and intensity of our Double Barrel Shiraz Cabernet, Australian chef Tom Walton developed the recipe for this delicious Scotch Fillet, with Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus and Peppercorn Sauce. The full-bodied flavour of the dish matches the complexity of the wine in a way that is a true innovation and sure to be enjoyed by all.
- Wrap each spear of asparagus with a slice of prosciutto and firmly press to secure.
- Season the scotch fillets with salt and 1 tbsp of pepper.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium-high heat, and add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Then add the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, then rest and keep warm in a warm oven.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil to the pan along with the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes, turning often, until the prosciutto is crisp, then set aside with the steaks.
- Reduce the heat to a medium, add garlic and thyme to the same pan and cook for 20 seconds. Then add the remaining peppercorns and beef stock, and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and reduce it by half, seasoning if required, and add the parsley. If you prefer your sauce thicker, you can add a small amount of flour and stir through.
- To serve, place the steak on individual serving plates with the asparagus, spoon the peppercorn sauce over, and enjoy!