A JAPANESE FAMILY FAVOURITE
These crisp, delicate chicken pieces make irresistible finger food – whichever way you serve them, they’re little bites of happiness.
- 1 free-range skin-on chicken thigh fillet
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 3 drops umami seasoning sauce
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 4 tbs potato starch
- Coriander, to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Prick the chicken 10 times with a fork. Cut into 6 equal pieces. Heat oil to 180°C over medium heat.
- Combine chicken, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and umami seasoning in a bowl. Sprinkle with potato starch to coat.
- Add to the oil and cook for 3 mins. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 7-8 mins.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with coriander and sweet chilli sauce.