INSPIRED BY HAPPY HOLIDAYS IN HAWAII
Made using favourite ingredients from Japanese cuisine, this lightly cured tuna dish is filled with freshness.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced spring onions
- 2 tbs crushed toasted macadamias
- 1 tbs finely crumbled dried seaweed (nori)
- 1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, or to taste
- 500g sushi-grade yellowfin tuna, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Lemon juice, lime juice or seasoned rice vinegar (optional)
- Thinly sliced spring onions, extra, to serve
- Whisk the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, spring onion, macadamias, seaweed, red pepper flakes and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Place tuna in a bowl. Pour in marinade and stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Stir the tuna mixture to combine. Top with toasted sesame seeds, extra spring onion and a sprinkle of lemon or lime juice or vinegar.