CHICKEN SCHNITZEL WITH SHAVED CABBAGE, FENNEL, APPLE & PARMESAN SALAD
Australian chef Tom Walton has created the perfect pair for our Double Barrel Chardonnay in this Chicken Schnitzel with Shaved Cabbage, Fennel, Apple & Parmesan Salad recipe! The lemon and mustard flavours accentuate the true beauty, depth and intensity in a way that could simply not be matched by any other dish. Enjoy!
- Place chicken in between two pieces of baking paper. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, firmly and evenly beat the chicken to flatten to 1cm thick. Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and place onto a plate.
- Whisk eggs and Dijon mustard together and place in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, place the flour, seasoned lightly with salt and pepper. In a third bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Begin by dipping the chicken first in the flour until covered, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the breadcrumbs. When well covered, place on a plate ready to cook.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add half the olive oil and two of the schnitzels. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, adding one of the cloves of smashed garlic to the pan during cooking. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare and combine the cabbage, fennel, apple, parsley and parmesan, dressing with 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken with the salad, a little extra parmesan, lemon and mustard, and enjoy!